Britbox deal with Royal Ballet, Royal Opera and RSC

Interesting! There seems to be a large overlap with what's available on marquee tv, but both have a few things that aren't on the other. For ballet, the performances are all available on DVD, apart from Winter's Tale on marquee tv (which is from a more recent revival than the DVD).

It's great to have more options for watching these. Although I wonder if we'll end up with small amounts of exclusive content on each service?

For streaming, the recent ROH live performances were all available through marquee tv. I'm very happy (and keen!) to pay for original streamed Royal Ballet content, but hope it will settle into all being available on a single platform.

1 minute ago, DanJL said:

For streaming, the recent ROH live performances were all available through marquee tv. I'm very happy (and keen!) to pay for original streamed Royal Ballet content, but hope it will settle into all being available on a single platform.

yes, let's hope if ROH does stream performances in a regular basis they settle in one platform. As someone who is facing paying for my tv licence from August I don't fancy the idea of having to pay multiple subscriptions - could end up even more expensive than ROH tickets!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...