Tring Auditions

4dancers

I believe Tring had either 5 or 7 MDS awards last year but Hammond had 14 . My son got an MDS for year 10 at Tring with an MDS and also Elmhurst with an MDS ,having previously been at Hammond . He chose Tring and absolutely loves it . His best friend also got an MDS for year 10 at Tring . Another one was offered to a very talented pupil of mine who had been on a reserve list . (YR 7 ) but she turned it down in favour of Hammond . There were some beautiful candidates at the audition who didnt get an award - I think one has a greater chance at Elmhurst or hammond. However yrs 8 and 9 seem to be thin on the MDS front - clearly a few must fall by the wayside at yr 9 assessments hence the MDS chance at year 10 . I realise we were very fortunate and often saddened by things I read on the forum on a negative front , regarding Tring. Everyone of course has different experiences , but in the case of my ds it has been his life line. He has improved almost beyond recognition, he is doing well academically and loves the boarding. Music is good too , so I end on a positive note and say hats off to all the Tring staff and congratulate anyone who may be starting there in September.

• Like 4

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so lovely to hear tutugirl. My dd will start at Tring (dance course) in Yr 7 from September and she can't wait. For me it has exactly what we're looking for in terms of great training, great education/music and most importantly, the diverse training to keep as many doors open into the professional world as possible :)

• Like 2

The report showed how many students in total were in receipt of MDS funding at each school.

It would be good if they could put this report back on line as it was very interesting to read. You could also compare the number of music places to dance places. Also told you how much it cost the government. Maybe a Freedom of Information request is called for!

Don't get me started :wacko: What was that quote again..."lies, damned lies, and statistics" !!!!!

• Like 1