BBC Cardiff Singer of the World 2019

JohnS

I see the competition is heading towards the finals and broadcast coverage I think begins today - if you’re in Wales or can access BBC Wales.  Very limited coverage on UK BBC4 and Radio 3 but more via iPlayer etc - BBC coverage used to be so much better and another nail in the coverage of the Arts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007qn4b/episodes/guide

• Like 2

For the last few competitions, the content broadcast on UK-wide terrestrial television (BBC4) has been so heavily edited that it's been totally useless in terms of being able to judge contestants on their whole balanced programme.  If the remaining heats are being broadcast in full on BBC2 Wales (watchable live or on demand anywhere in the UK via iPlayer) that is a significantly better option than perfunctory highlights on BBC4, so quite honestly I don't mind having to go looking for it!

I'm off to the final on Saturday.

• Like 2

I have been watching every night on BBC 2 Wales, to get the whole picture.  Another sad thing is the amount of empty seats that I have noticed every night.  A real shame, and not sure what that says....people who can get there easily have really missed some great talent.