Royal Opera House period 3 booking

Ian, don't know why I didn't spot your posting before, but I *have* seen some people at the ROH with tickets which clearly weren't standard-issue ROH ones.

Anyway, I came on here to say that, according to the Guardian, it looks as though Liam Scarlett's new piece is called Sweet Violets. Ah, yes, just checked, and it's confirmed on the ROH website. Still no confirmation of casting for either that or Carbon Life, though, although previous experience suggests that one cast is likely for the latter.

I believe Sweet Violets was the name of the song that Mary Jane Kelly was singing just before she was killed by Jack the Ripper, I heard a recording of it once at an exhibition, it was a popular song of the era. This gets more intriguing, must watch the rehearsal and interview this afternoon!

Ian, don't know why I didn't spot your posting before, but I *have* seen some people at the ROH with tickets which clearly weren't standard-issue ROH ones.

Anyway, I came on here to say that, according to the Guardian, it looks as though Liam Scarlett's new piece is called Sweet Violets. Ah, yes, just checked, and it's confirmed on the ROH website. Still no confirmation of casting for either that or Carbon Life, though, although previous experience suggests that one cast is likely for the latter.

You'll find a couple of surprises in the McG casting this time round (or so I hear).

it looks as though Liam Scarlett's new piece is called Sweet Violets. Ah, yes, just checked, and it's confirmed on the ROH website.

I just had a look at the 2012/2013 season announcement:

http://www.roh.org.u...allet-and-dance

According to that, Liam's 'world première' for the Linbury next May is also to be called Sweet Violets. Has somebody slipped up or is next season's new piece to be an expansion of this season's?

have seen observations elsewhere in the blogosphere that recent experience of online booking suggests you cannot open more than one window on one device without the ROH system realising and equalising your positions in the queue, so you do have to use multiple devices.

Or at least multiple browsers.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't really want to start another thread just for this, and this one seems to be the only Period 3 thread we have, but:

Someone or other blogged or tweeted, a couple of months ago, that they were about to start shooting the "A World Stage" films for Period 3 (the one featuring Ed Watson doing what looks like a Western Roll over the high-jump bar - not going to win gold with one of those!), and asked for questions to put to him and so on. I've had a look on the ROH website, and the only bit of footage I've spotted so far is the bit to Florence and the Machine. Is there some more elsewhere? I thought there was more than that for the "Lauren Cuthbertson on the balance beam" version for Period 2, or am I confusing it with the footage from the previous year when she was on the front cover for "Alice" and we had all those wretched jumping-about-all-over-the-place films and things that were driving everyone nuts? :unsure: