stretching concerns

Mrs Brown

Please could anyone help point me in the direction of something useful online about how stretching can actually be bad for some people? I remember reading something a few months ago and am now struggling to find it but I need to speak to a dance teacher about how I don't want a child forced in stretches as I really don't think it is going to help her and I actually have concerns about it. She doesn't dream of being a dancer in the future so I can't see it is necessary anyway.

thank you

Lisa Howell - that is the lady. I was hoping I might recognise something! thank you.

I will look up drdance thanks taxi and see what I can turn up.  

If she wanted to be a dancer then it would be very different but she really doesn't. she doesn't even like modern. she loves tap and just does modern and ballet because she has to do ballet and quite likes it in a very recreational way and modern because she used to like it. I don't want her risking injuring herself stretching when she really doesn't need to. I am of the opinion if they are shown the relevant stretches then they can do them themselves where they can control it more but they shouldn't be pushed.

thank you