Barefoot or Pumps

maria18

Oh dear! They can be so painful, but often clear up themselves. Was it dancing barefoot that caused it as probably not the best idea to do on a regular basis. To be honest Zumba should never be done without footwear.

I forgot my pumps a couple of times for ballet and had to go barefoot but much prefer pumps so hopefully when you are able to dance again they will arrive.

• Like 1

Sorry just read about the open you had, I cannot believe that you were not allowed to wear footwear or socks in between dancing. Just walking about in bare feet for most of the day would not have helped either. The rules for some venues can be very rigid at times

• Like 1

I have put on a loose bandage to help with the blister so not too bad to walk on. I should really have got pumps at the start instead of waiting till the last minute, although I agree that not being allowed to have socks or footwear in between dancing was too much.:(

I could have picked p any infection as was barefooted for over 7 hours so pumps from now on:)

54 minutes ago, maria18 said:

I have put on a loose bandage to help with the blister so not too bad to walk on. I should really have got pumps at the start instead of waiting till the last minute, although I agree that not being allowed to have socks or footwear in between dancing was too much.:(

I could have picked p any infection as was barefooted for over 7 hours so pumps from now on:)

...and I'd suggest warmup boots too! They are soft soled boots worn indoors over ballet shoes or pointe shoes to keep shoes clean and feet warm.  They don't mark floors so there should be no reason for the venue to prohibit them. 

Here's what I mean:  http://uk.blochworld.com/product/IM009

• Like 4

Wow, I have never seen them before and will keep in mind for the future. I am not doing class till blister is clear and I have some pumps. Hopefully will be fine by next week and will have new pumps by that time as well. :)

My teacher told me I should not have been told to go barefoot for all that time and would have spoken to the venue if I had told her that socks were not allowed so might have avoided the blister, but really enjoyed all the dancing so that makes up for anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jan McNulty said:

Could mere mortals wear them as slippers?  I rather like these patterned ones!

http://uk.blochworld.com/product/IM009P

warm up boots make fab slippers 

depending on your shoe size  you may want the next size down to the recommended sizings  as a  the 'size 6- 8 ' adult  will take a  size 8 foot  in pointes  ...  I know @sophie_rebecca says she  fits into the  size smaller than her  shoe size  in soft shoes  / without ballet shoes 

• Like 1