Costumes for Boys

ScottishDancerMum

I work on a costume resale forum and was helping someone today looking for ballet shirts for boys for a competition.  I was appalled to see how little is available!  

As I'm sure it will come up again, can the dance parents of boys tell me where they get their costumes, or does everything have to be bespoke?

Many thanks x

Thank you very much for having done that for me yesterday @ScottishDancerMum I've contacted the people at the link you sent to me but as it's a part time job for her I've not heard back from her yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

But as we were discussing, it is so difficult to find decent costumes for boys without having to have them made bespoke which as we all know is expensive. I've been able to hire or put together my own costumes for my two sons for the past few years, but now the eldest needs something a little more grown up they seem hard to come by.

I just wish I was a better seamstress.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2017 at 15:42, Fiz said:

I’m sure that Sheila at Just Ballet will be able to help you out.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately they don't have anything suitable on the website. I've looked at every conceivable online store and the only ones that sell what I'm looking for are out of stock or in Australia (although they are out of stock too).

DancingDuffy, as a dance teacher with quite a substantial amount of boys, I can confirm that bespoke is pretty much the only way I can sort boys ballet costumes! I hate handing out bills for boys costumes, they get very little but pay 3 times what the girls pay for beautiful costumes 

if you find somewhere that sells decent boys costumes please share the link! Even finding regular dancewear is a headache

• Like 2

I've outsourced to a friend who makes costumes for shows but has branched into tutus. I've suggested maybe she diversifies further and offers boys costumes, but again they would be bespoke. She was saying the patterns can be £50 a piece and are for only one size! I'll let you know how we get on :D

• Like 1