Cost of living away from home 6th form dance colleges

Siconne50

1 hour ago, balletjack said:

As far as I know the only other school that offers the same degree course as central is Rambert? I find it amazing that dance & drama awards offer no help towards living/boarding expenses if on a middle income! Dd has had a mds award a couple of years ago & that included boarding thankfully. 

I think the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland offers the same degree funding arrangements x

On 01/09/2017 at 09:21, cotes du rhone ! said:

Also, with the DaDa system there is no discount for siblings. We have been assessed on our income twice, separately, with out the costs for one removed before the other is assessed 😢 It's not affordable. The only positive is that you are only assessed once at the beginning of the 3 years, so you can go mad and work / earn til you drop after 😰

I deeply regret not looking abroad. Consider all your options, not just the UK x

Can I ask, if looking outside of the uk, where would you have looked? 

• Like 1

On 03/09/2017 at 17:12, Ballet4Boyz said:

Do many students at this age tend to find part-time work to help out financially or does the physical demands on them from the training tend to make this just too tiring .Thanks in advance . 

They are told not to, as the courses are so physically draining.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2017 at 17:12, Ballet4Boyz said:

So, have I got this right ..... if your DC starts a three year diploma course at 16 with a dada award. Parents are required to pay their contribution towards the course fees + entire living costs (if you don't qualify for any help from the dada) whilst losing child benefit if they aren't taking an A levels ??

Yes that's exactly what we are paying and also loosing child benefit.