Scottish ballet Associates - timings?

Fatbob

My daughter has been accepted for scottish ballet associate and ballet west. They are to held on Sunday's. The dates are released for ballet west but not scottish ballet. Does anyone know if they try to avoid clashing as she would like to attend both. Many thanks 

Hi Fatbob

Congratulations to your daughter, what a great achievement.

Which Scottish Ballet Associates scheme is she joining - Junior, Mid or Senior?  I've attached a link to their website where you can find out the days & timings of the classes for each level.

https://www.scottishballet.co.uk/join-in/training/associate-programme

If I remember correctly Juniors is on a Tuesday (P6) and then Thursday (P7), with both Mids & Seniors being on Saturdays each week - but check out the website. 

So if you're saying she has BW on a Sunday, this will be the Glasgow Associates, then you'll be fine for whichever level she's going into at SB.

She'll have a great time.

Hi, I have the same question as you, my daughter has been accepted for both Scottish Ballet Junior associates (Sunday class) and Ballet West Edinburgh Senior associates (which we're over the moon about!) I'm presuming the Sundays don't clash?Timetable for Ballet West is available but not Scottish Ballet? 

Great name ballettaxi 

She goes on Sunday as we don't live in glasgow. 

Ballet west had listed all the dates but scottish ballet say they will issue their sunday dates in the summer. 

I was wondering in past years if they avoided clashing. 

Many thanks
On 9 Jun 2017, at 17:37, BalletcoForum <BalletcoForum@gmail.com> wrote:

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png
spacer.png BalletcoForum spacer.png
spacer.png

84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default_photo.png  

Go to this post

— BalletcoForum
spacer.png
spacer.png You are receiving this email because you are following the Topic 'Scottish ballet Associates - timings?'.
Prefer to stop receiving these emails? Unfollow or Adjust your notification preferences
spacer.png   spacer.png
  • Like 1

Haha thanks Fat bob,  the name just felt very apt, as most of the parents on here will agree I'm sure - although your name is pretty good :-)

Fingers crossed there are no clashes.  From our experience your DD will love her time on both Associate programmes.  My DD made a friend at her first SB JA audition and they are still great friends now - 8 years later!  Similarly with BW she's made so many new friends and one of the girls from her BW Senior class is also going to Taynuilt to start the degree course - so it's perfect as they both have a familiar friendly face when they make this big change.

IMHO Associate programmes not only help their ballet, but broaden and widen their circle of friends and acquaintances as they meet children from very different backgrounds - so it let's them see a taster of the big world that's out there.

• Like 2

Hi, I know of a few kids that do both so must be possible.

Slightly off topic, but just wondering if anyone knows of and P7 girls who got into the monthly class? My daughter is going into P7 and didn't get in and neither did any P7's we know who auditioned. Just wondering if they actually took any new P7's this year?

I dont know much about it but we were told that its more a 2 years course P6 & P7 and there is not many P7 admitted.

Her dance teacher said to apply for Ballet West as she thought she have more of a chance of getting accepted. (Glasgow)

As it turned out she got acccepted for both which we are verty grateful.

It will be nice to start meeting a few other parents and some new friends for her as we are not usually in that circle. lol

Although im a dancing dad I do love it as I did bit of ballroom and latin when i was younger, a lot younger, so i love watching it and watching her.

• Like 1

Do you have the dates for Scottish Ballet junior Associates Sunday class.  And is it Ballet West Glasgow or Edinburgh that your daughter has been accepted for?  We havent had the dates for Scottish Ballet yet?

Hi, yes, I received an email yesterday with the class dates for the Scottish ballet Junior associates Sunday class and my daughter was also selected for the ballet West Edinburgh associates Sunday class. Did you receive it?  

No we haven't received any dates. Hopefully we will hear something today 

our dayghter is selected for ballet west glasgow. 

How do you choose as if you've never been before you don't whats best for your child. 

• 1 month later...

Hi! My Dd did ballet west last year and was offered a place at Scottish ballet too this year (p7) there were quite a few girls who did both last year and I spoke to ballet west who are happy for Dd to do both - she will miss a few ballet west sessions as there are some clashes but they seem happy enough for that to happen. Dd loves ballet west.

Edited by Northballetmum
Typo

• 3 months later...

I believe there are 4 girls in the situation.

Can we all catch up at the Ballet Day on 26th November.

My wife is in contact with another of the girls mothers and they are going to try and get all the mothers together to discuss.

• 1 month later...