Like a Fish Out of Water

I've recently joined so maybe this is not the right place but no-one seems to be writing about this lovely ENB/ Seven Sisters ballet/ performance/multimedia piece. I saw it at Uxbridge Lido on Thursday. It is performed for groups of up to four (I was one of a group of three) which gives it an intimacy which makes it quite different from any other dance/ballet I've seen. I am sure there are more articulate members who could expand on this.

• Like 1

This is part of the London 2012 Festival and is being repeated at Hampton Lido this week (12-14 July). I understand that it is a free event but that you have to book tickets. Sorry not to post the link; I'm hopeless with computers!

This show is inventive and its multi-media approach is a novel one although we found the pace at which one is required to walk rather slow and the storyline a bit contrived. The pictures on the screen were more fully populated with dancers than the reality although there were some lovely dance cameos, including one from the only ENB dancer we recognised (Joshua McSherry Gray) and two from two female ENB 'extras'. The good news is that the event (which lasts for 40 minutes, starts every 5 - 10 mins, and involves no more than 4 people in a group) is exciting a lot of interest. Apparently, it is fully booked for the rest of the week.

Once again, ENB deserves congratulations for experimentation and outreach.

• Like 1