Junior Associate 'Prima' - advice needed

mummytwo

Hello

I am new to this forum and wondered if you can help me.

My DD aged 11 attends a weekly ballet class which she started around 18 months ago, she has actually been dancing for around 5 years though doing Modern & Tap.  She absolutely loves her dance classes, always practising at home.

I have been considering a Junior Associate scheme for her with ‘Prima Associates’, based in Aylesford Kent. 

She has an audition coming up, the scheme is on an annual basis.  The aim I guess after the year is up, would be to audition for a Central London JA scheme if successful.

Can you please advise me the advantages of becoming a Junior Associate ?

Also, she currently attends a performing arts school in Central London, if she was successful she would have to give it up as the JA scheme is on the same day.  The trouble is, she enjoys the performing art school and made friends, half of her wants to become a JA, but, the other half of her doesn’t want to quit performing arts.  Maybe I’m just trying to pursue my old dream. 

Thank you in advance.

As your dd is 11 and if she is really keen, she needs to considerably increase the number of ballet classes she is doing each week if she is interested in auditioning for an associate programme in central London in a year's time (by London I'm assuming you mean  RBS / Central / LJB etc). 

What grade is she at the moment?

• Like 1

Thank you Janet.

As your dd is 11 and if she is really keen, she needs to considerably increase the number of ballet classes she is doing each week if she is interested in auditioning for an associate programme in central London in a year's time (by London I'm assuming you mean  RBS / Central / LJB etc). 

What grade is she at the moment?

Thank you for your reply 'taxi4ballet'.

She is currently in ISTD Grade 3.  Yes I thought she would need to increase her ballet classes, that's why I thought of the Junior Associate scheme with Prima Associates based in Aylesford, Kent, but, depending on wether she is good enough to get in (audition in January).  Maybe I should have increased her normal ballet classes before applying for a JA scheme....so confused now.

Yes, maybe speak to her regular teacher now, they may suggest that your dd can join in another grade class, or a non-syllabus class if they have one. Additional classes will improve her strength and speed up her progress. Any extra dance would be helpful for future auditions.