A Monday morning chuckle

Quintus

.....as Bangorballetboy says, and remembering that you need to have uploaded your images onto an internet photo hosting site first, as opposed to trying to load them here directly from your hard drive

Edited by Quintus

Okay, I tried that earlier, but just got the message "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."  :(

check your url ends in  .jpg rather than .jpeg       the link you paste into the box should look something like   http://i.imgur.com/robertafinal.jpg

I do lots of photo editing, and an extension-less image file sounds like an error to me.  operating systems work by associating programs to file extensions, and only file folders have no extension, so a file with no extension is a typically rogue that cannot be handled (unless you consciously trick the system).   how are you creating these files Alison?  if they are coming straight off a phone or amateur camera they will usually already be .jpg files.   if you are editing them subsequently and saving them, then depending on the editor you should be choosing a format (tiff, jpg etc) and the save dialogue box should show you the name of the file including its extension that will be created (which is your chance to correct it if it looks odd).  you might also be introducing the error when uploading them onto imagur or wherever, where you need to check the upload dialogue box is going to preserve whatever extension they had.  other remote possibility is that you are trying to load a folder rather than a single file..

ah, I can see what might have happened.  I just loaded the pic below (from yesterday's stroll round Camden...) with no problem:

PRQL3H6b.jpg

when you click on the image in imgur, it brings up on a whole variety of links you can copy for various purpose (as on the pic below).  The one you want is NOT 'image link', which has no extension, but rather 'DIRECT LINK' which shows the .jpg.  You choose your image size at the bottom, then copy that Direct Link URL ; then just click on the green square icon in the toolbar on on the dialogue box in the forum and paste the URL in.

wschlzIb.jpg

• Like 1