Centre Pointe

Flowerpot

Does anyone have any experience of this dance school?

My dd age 7 attends a small local dance school which she loves but they only have 1 class for her grade and she is asking to do more.

I am hoping that she can do her regular class and an extra class at Centre Pointe if her current dance teacher allows.

You may not have to choose between them, Princessballerina - don't let that put you off if your daughter is asking for more ballet and Centrepointe can deliver. I was wondering whether her current teacher would allow her to join the class in the grade above her own as a way of getting an extra ballet lesson without going elsewhere? Her teacher may also be able to recommend another local school where she would be happy for your daughter to take additional lessons?

• Like 1

Yes thank you. I need to have a proper chat with her. My dd will be going to the summer school at Centre Pointe so will she how she gets on. I did mention to her current teacher a few months ago that dd wanted extra ballet and she said we will sort something out. She has said that a few times. Since then i have tried to speak to her but she is always busy or rushing off. I think i will have to text her. They don't have a website with email address.

• Like 1

I have recently been to see Centre Pointe to enrol my daughter into the summer school, too. They are currently undergoing a big expansion, extending into the unit next door to have their own performance/auditorium space. The shop has a ballet shoe fitting room, too. I was shown round and the 'vibe' of the place was very good from the teachers to the children. I was impressed, and my daughter can't wait for it to start.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes we probably have richieN. My dd was only booked in for the Monday as she hasn't danced for so long before and only being 7 i wasn't sure how she would find it but she loved it and wanted to go back today. I am working away now till Thursday so my husband took her but had to ask them to do her bun, he can only manage a ponytail lol! Hoping she enjoyed today as much but i haven't spoke to her. If you look for the smallest one that will be her, she is very petite.

• Like 1

Yes we probably have richieN. My dd was only booked in for the Monday as she hasn't danced for so long before and only being 7 i wasn't sure how she would find it but she loved it and wanted to go back today. I am working away now till Thursday so my husband took her but had to ask them to do her bun, he can only manage a ponytail lol! Hoping she enjoyed today as much but i haven't spoke to her. If you look for the smallest one that will be her, she is very petite.

I'll ask my dd to look out for her  :). She is loving the classes, too. I got a preview of some of the routines tonight in our front room. 

I know my dd did someone's bun for them this morning. Could have been your dd. We haven't hung out much this evening, because I've spent a small fortune at the shop (that place is just too convenient :lol: ). 

May see you on Thursday then.