Viewing classes

Bluebird22

Had a really wonderful time watching the associates at Graham Fletcher today. It's so nice to actually have the opportunity to watch once in a while. The class was really fast paced and Graham is so comical. I can honestly say after watching Graham teach he has gained even more admiration from me. He is fantastic and the improvement in my students has been incredible.

Really wish associate programmes would put on a special class on a Sunday so teachers can have the opportunity to watch. It's so different actually sitting a watching a class, you can sit back and see just how far your students have come.

I'll stop gushing now...

• Like 3

I doubt if many students would pass the info onto their teachers - dd rarely deigned to give me info never mind a teacher! Perhaps a quick note/email might increase take up if you don't already of course.

Bluebird do you have any SYB students. Last year I think Nicky had a teachers watching day I think (though as dd only goes during holidays she wasn't there)

• Like 1

Dr Dance we had a show all last week so my students decided not to tell me I could come and watch at Midas so I would actually take a day off! Gutted to have missed it though, I love watching, not just to see my students but to steal helpful hints and tips from other teachers. I'll drop up I am email towards the end of next year so I can try and sort coming to watch the last session if you decide to open it up again!

I went to the SYB watching day and stayed for all 3 sessions. A few years ago Royal sessions in Birmingham were on a Sunday during the renovations so I got to watch the classes then too.

• Like 1

You can pay to watch summer school classes in most courses and I have done it on several occasions.  I have watched at RBS, Central, Yorkshire Seminars and at the RAD and really enjoyed them all.  I like to watch my own students in summer classes here at home and I'm always welcomed in, as I'm well known here.  And yes I find it invaluable.  It's interesting to see who copes well with free classes in another system too - sometimes students unexpectedly shine and others seem to shrink in to themselves out of their home studio. Another thing I enjoy is watching them in their end of year modern and jazz dances.  Even those that struggle in their ballet classes are so good in the other genres, they often really surprise me!

• Like 1