Central School and London Junior Ballet Saturday Schools

Kew Mum

Does anyone know the difference between these two Saturday programmes and how they compare? How difficult are they to get in? I'm new to the ballet world but have a dance mad daughter. We did not apply for the RBS JA's as two ballet teachers said that my daughter wouldn't get in. Any comments gratefully received.

I have had pupils on both and think they are both are excellent. Many people audition and they are both hard to get into, and students from both programmes go on to further top notch training. It seems that Central possibly ranks slightly higher in some people's minds - maybe because they have their own Senior school. On the other hand at present London Senior ballet continues until 18 which can be a benefit for those who want to take A-levels at home before going on to further training.

Edited by Pas de Quatre
  • Like 1

I auditioned for London Junior Ballet when I was twelve and got offered a place on the Senior Foundation Programme. The principal is amazing as are all the teachers but their changing studios in september so not sure how this would effect everyone. :)