Adjusting leotard straps

MumToTu

Looking for some advice on how to shorten camisole leotard spaghetti style straps, dds audition leotard is beautiful, but the straps are far to long and kept falling off or down making it terribly lowcut in her last audition, so she had to keep adjusting them. Otherwise it fits and she definitely does not want to change it. Is it best to take straps up at the front or back? Any advice would be so appreciated x

Edited by Snowflake

Thank you everyone, that's really helpful and makes sense. She'd never worn it in a motion in a class before The audition, so didn't realise the fit wasn't quite right. She loves the style and colour though and it really suits her, so we'll try to adjust it and if not order another size in the same style, we have plenty of time.

She's a tall11 invisiblecircus, but small backed. I ordered online and they came in sizes 10 or 12, so went for the larger size as she's tall for her age. We will try taking the straps are taken up by looping them over, and we can take them down again as she grows into it.

• Like 2

I have to do this with every camisole leotard! I generally tie knots in my camisole leotards, I only sew them for exams or such like as I've had stitches rip when stretch my back or thing like that. I find it odd that at 5'11 I have the problem of something being to long though!

Thank you I may treat her to one of those for SS. I do think the camisole ones look so pretty, all of her uniform leotards have been tank tops, so she's loving getting the opportunity to wear something a bit more individual, dd and I will look together online later.

Yes! Picturesinthefirelight - the GM leotard is lovely! We have it in several colours - one of our best sellers :) 

http://www.justballet.co.uk/shop/ladies/gaynor-minden-tank-leotard/

The Capezio Bratek one is also popular with teachers too, as it does away with bra-straps showing in class! 

http://www.justballet.co.uk/shop/ladies/capezio-bratek-camisole-leotard/

Sx