Capezio/Bloch Bags/Packaging

anondancer_15

Hiya, for my current fashion project i'm looking into how different brands promote and sell lingerie, my chosen brand is Capezio and I decided that Bloch is the biggest competitor. If anyone has any thoughts on the two and how Capezio could improve its lingerie section, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

Secondly, I'm wondering if anyone has any Capezio or Bloch packaging/carrier bags that they could photograph and send to me? I know Bloch used to do those massive canvas bags and I'm wondering if they still do? And I don't think I've ever bought anything from Capezio other than shoes that just come in a box, so I'd like to see what their bags and packaging are like too so I can consider this in my designs too.

Thanks in advance!

Do you mean those brown things made of that strange "pinpricked" material?  One of the dancers in Carlos Acosta's show the other week had one, and as from experience I know they don't last hugely long (mine has a nice hole torn in one corner) I'd guess it must be quite recent.

I've got one of the cardboard carriers with cord handles and what I'm informed is a photo of Polina Semionova on the side, if that's any good?  Rather common, though, I think, so perhaps you have that already?

• Like 2

Bloch has changed their bags. I think the old brown ones were much nicer. The new ones are smaller, canvas (think inside of pointe shoes type) and it say things like, 'pointe' 'hip hop' 'jazz' 'ballet' 'jazz' 'tap' 'character' in all different fonts and then at the bottom 'I ♥ bloch'. I don't think capezio does bags, I once bought a bra tek and I got a silver plastic carrier bag.

• 1 month later...

I've got one of the cardboard carriers with cord handles and what I'm informed is a photo of Polina Semionova on the side, if that's any good?  Rather common, though, I think, so perhaps you have that already?

I was up in the loft this afternoon when I found the bag.  Is it too late to bother sending it to you now?  If it isn't, do send me a PM, because I don't look in here too often.

I went into Bloch the other day to catch their sale. They gave me a cardboard carrier like the one with presumably Polina (arabesque) on the side, but this one was just plain pale peachy pink on the outside with the word BLOCH picked out in silver, and really looks more like it should contain lacy undies than ballet gear. I commented on it and asked what happened to the canvas ones, they said they'd used up the old ones. The logic by which they go between one bag type and another is a mystery to me. Maybe I should try buying a whole lot of stuff and see if they give me a big bag (as if I need an excuse...) but then again the one time they gave me a big brown bag, I'd only bought one pair of canvas flats!

Over the last year or two I've accumulated several Capezio big red cardboard carriers and a couple of smaller ones, same design, just smaller. They seem rather more consistent in their branding than Bloch.