Pointe shoes HELP

charlie4dancin

thanks spanner, I might phone before we go and can print off a map to take. We are going for Kidsweek and there is a free dance workshop before the Top Hat musical for dancing DD and an art one for non dancing DD. Should be fun.

• Like 1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frangapani my dd also got through Freeds very quickly, likewise Bob Martins, Bloch balance european all of which she still likes but doesn't really buy because of the speed they wear out. Grishkos last longer but she hates the noise! At the moment she is very impressed with Bloch's b morph which seem to have an unbelieveable life. Don't really understand the details but they are like the TMTs (which incidentially she didn't like) and use the new plastic sole technology like gaynors but an awful lot cheaper!

That's good to know, Spooky - it'll be interesting to see how dd gets on with her Freeds as she usually outgrows pointes before she kills them. She did kill a pair of Bloch Jetstreams though as she's doing more pointework. With EYB coming up I'm beginning to wonder if I should have bought 2 pairs of Freeds! :-/

• Like 1

Also in Freeds at lunchtime today but just for ballet flats whilst waiting for dd at Big Dance 2012.

Not sure about the refurb of the shop it seems it has lost some of its charm.( bit off topic sorry)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I can also report a succesful pointe fitting at Freed on Saturday. DD very pleased with Freed Classic Pro hard which look good and appear to suit her high arch, high instep, and tapered toes ( i'm getting the hang of this). Just hope the teacher agrees as it'll be too late to take them back after the summer.

• Like 5