Lack of training??

Primaballerina1

DD does 4 hours of ballet a week and is doing grade 4 and level 5 istd and I know she lacks the amount of hours of the average dancer who would like to be a professional. We have looked into private classes though her current ballet teacher doesn't think it's necessary and isn't too keen on the idea and she is auditioning for Lcb and Tring CBA soon. Though if she doesn't get into either of them (we know it is extremely hard to get into either of them) we won't know what to do to make up at least a few more of the hours of training each week. We are a little bit stuck and would appreciate any suggestions.

Edited to add DD also does 2 hours of jazz, 1 hour of modern and 1 hour of tap each week in addition to ballet.

Edited by Primaballerina1

To be fair this sounds an adequate amount of dance for a young girl. I'm a fan of of quality over quantity, what she's already doing, topped up with summer schools and workshops should give enough to help with both technique, musicality and performance. X

• Like 1

I am almost certain the answer would be no. However her classes are of a very high standard where every student is given attention, in my opinion far more important than a graded exam class.I pressume you are asking about private lessons because your dd is serious about ballet. If that is the case then you have to look around for the best training. Grades will not get your dd into a vocational school but good training will help.

• Like 1

I had a student who moved to Chiswick the year after she had taken IF RAD with us.  She had the same problem of trying to get enough hours training, so she took classes at the RAD Headquarters and that gave her a richer schedule.  I know that you are doing ISTD, but she is young enough to switch if you felt that might help. 

• Like 1