Audition photos

balletbrokemybank

Sorry if this has been done before but I couldn't really find the answers when I did a search. We are currently doing our applications for Yr7 for RBS, Elmhurst, Tring and Hammond. We have done the photos but can anyone tell me what they are looking for from the photos and poses. In a couple ds seems to have slightly unsymmetrical arms. His dance teacher seems to think this will be fine but should we just redo do them to get everything perfect? I have absolutely no experience of dance and am very new to all of this so have no idea of their importance or what they are looking for. Thanks

I would agree Pictures that it is the audition which really matters - although I can't help thinking it makes sense to get the best possible photos you can! It is the visual reference they are left with and you want to show your DC in the best possible light in them.

• Like 1

Worst is when they are chosen just on the photos with no audition! I can't tell you how many photos I have taken for the Royal Ballet School summer course and rejected......and even so most of the time the kids are rejected on those photos, because they are so difficult to get perfect. I have had really good students, who just could not balance the a la seconde and arabesque pose in pointe shoes. The ones who are in the inbetween age who have to do the senior photos are really unlucky. A few months younger and you get to do it a terre in bare feet!