RBS Associate experience day

coniger

So WL accepted 2 international students into year 7? I ,from reading this Forum,didn`t think any international students ever applied to WL,only to Upper School.

Yes they definitely can apply there is a separate application form for international applicants on RBS website and this year 2 international students have started year 7 after getting places. Apparently there are still 12 uk girls so they have taken 14 girls this year. Kind of why I was wondering if they are looking to boost funding if they are taking in more than twelve. I know they had to close the WL museum due to cuts in gov funding.

Did the international students get in from summer school? An earlier post on this forum suggested that ALL of this year's year 7 recruits were JAs.

Does anyone know whether EU applicants are eligible for funding in the same way UK applicants are? I always I think thought they were.

What is the extent of the funding cut? Previously, all WL students were eligible for MDS funding. Has this changed?

Regarding the number admitted, it does change from year to year so that alone doesn't necessarily mean that international students are being admitted to boost funds.

Hi I'm not sure whether or not they got in from SS. I think the earlier post did say there were 2 overseas students but the rest of the recruits were JAs. My DDs ballet teacher knew of the two overseas students who had places in the summer so I would guess that means they weren't taken in from SS but I could be wrong.

I wasn't aware of a funding cut to MDS but just that they were going to have to close the museum due to lack of funds.

Re EU applicants on the RBS website it says as below, which doesn't sound like lower school students from EU get funding?

Students who have lived in the UK for two calendar years commencing 1 January and are under the age of 20 on the first day of the academic year can access means tested financial assistance for tuition and boarding fees. UK residency is essential, simply holding a British passport does not entitle students to access this funding.

Students who have lived in the European Economic Area for three calendar years commencing 1st January, who are over the age of 16 and under the age of 20 on the first day of the academic year can access means tested funding for tuition fees only. Such students may be awarded means tested bursaries to help with boarding and living fees. For households on the lowest incomes, grants are also available for travel and uniform costs.

Edited by amos73