Ashton's Sylvia live from Buenos Aires

I can hear it .... but cannot see a picture.  Is anyone else having the same problem ... ????

I have tried three different browsers and two computers but no luck I fear.

.... Oh, thanks, Wulff ... We were obviously posting at the same time.

It sounds good.

I don't think there's a geographical block ... or we would not be able to hear it.  

I wonder if people in other countries - either European or otherwise - are having the same problems??? 

If anyone finds a resolution to this problem, a posting would be keenly appreciated.  

Seems to be the same in the USA ... Helene on BA has posted:  I'm getting audio when it's not buffering, but as for video, all I'm getting is a black screen.  I've tried this on Windows and Mac, Firefox, Chrome, etc.

Apparently comments are to a similar effect on their Twitter feed.

The orchestra REALLY does sound spectacular though .... especially the brass ... so clear ... so wonderfully dramatic.

Ah well, we tried .... :(

Seems GRaham Watts is getting a picture sitting in Norfolk .. he has posted a picture on Twitter just now ... wish he would post here and let us know how he does it .... 

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 1

I managed finally to get a picture and saw most of act3. Not quite sure how I did it, but was checking I had the right flash player - which I had - when the buffering started up and the picture appeared. I noticed at the end that my Mac was in the System Preferences mode rather than the Safari browser. Wish I had done this earlier.

I managed finally to get a picture and saw most of act3. Not quite sure how I did it, but was checking I had the right flash player - which I had - when the buffering started up and the picture appeared. I noticed at the end that my Mac was in the System Preferences mode rather than the Safari browser. Wish I had done this earlier.

Congratulations and thanks for your perseverance, Wulff.  I simply went to bed.  Age I fear.  

It seems - from reading on BA from several who were disturbed that they couldn't receive a picture - that they too got connected for Act 3.  They seem to feel that it was from the broadcaster's end not anyone's equipment or settings.

Wouldn't be lovely - if that WAS the case - if Teatro Colon might re-broadcast soon.

Edited by Bruce Wall

If the problem was from the broadcaster's end, then how was it that Graham Watts managed to receive pictures from act 1 onwards? Check his twitter posts.

Yes, I saw that - and reported it above, Wulff - but Mr. Watts is perhaps a special case ....it seems those who did not receive the picture signal until Act III were in a greater number in the UK, USA and Canada.  It is, I fear, - in the end - a mystery.