Spreading the Word. Persuading the Public to Buy Tickets for the Unfamiliar

It was with BRB a few years ago.  I'll post if the title comes to me - can't think of it right now.  I can remember Marion Tait (coaching not dancing) in it vividly.

Found it - Ballet Hoo!

Yes, of course.  I thought it was BRB, but I wasn't absolutely sure.  I still remember the girl who played Lady Capulet, with her braided hair swinging about as she lamented over the dead body of Tybalt.  And the young lads who struggled to choreograph and finally put together atheir break dance routine to the Mandolin Dance music.

Edited to add I found a clip of Youtube.  The Mandolin Dance is about two and half minutes in.  But the whole clip is brilliant:

Edited by Fonty
  • Like 3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spreading the word?  Are you an 'urban millennial' and living in Oregon?  If so, "Come watch ballet.  We'll give you a beer."  

http://www.oregonlive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/09/pabst_oregon_ballet_coming_to.html

So, now you've got that far, might we address the matter of the "bare-chested, on pointe ballet dancer"?  Is it a chap - 'a finely trained athlete' -or is it a girl with a bodice to that tutu?