Summer ballet classes at Birmingham Dance XChange

tabitha

If you can't make Mondays or Wednesdays at the DX, (which sadly I can't), there is a class running on Thursdays behind St Chads. PM me for details.

I'm looking forward to the DX returning to normal in September.

Doesn't show on the link but on the actual website class page  it does say these are for 18+/adults.  I know they will accept younger but I think the DanceXchange own policy is that you have to be at least 15 to attend an adult class so best check with teachers if you are under 18.

I used to do these classes. They're for adults. However, with special permission, younger dancers are permitted to take them (just remember it's an adults' class!). And if you're parents who feel they have to watch the class, can I put in a plea about not TALKING, not taking photos or sitting right in the way of the dancers? (Allthese things were done when I was living in Birmingham and attending these summer classes). Personally, I wish there were a policy of no watchers in the studio, as doting parents change the atmosphere, but it's not my organisation ...

They've usually been organised by a very dedicated person, who's also an experienced businesswoman, so if you contact the email address given, you can ask about policies for teens. When I danced in BIrmingham, several older teens from the RBS (Upper School) and the last two years of Elmhurst attended -- older teens in vocational training. I don't think there was anyoneyounger than 15 or 16.

These are excellent classes -- I've taken class with all those teachers, and they're wonderful (Jane Rosier is my favourite -- wonderful teacher). The Pilates/body conditioning for dance is also very good - far tougher than most Pilates I've done. I do miss DanceXchange classes & studios!

• Like 1