Schools in bucks/Berks/west London

Jadeava

My 9 year old has been badgering me for the better part of a year to let her do ballet. I thought it was a phase but she's showing such an interest in it constantly watching videos on YouTube, reading articles even watching swan lake and others.

She did idta when she was about 4 and stopped cause we moved but it was more for fun then.

So I've decided to look into it further and hoping to find a good school in bucks preferably but can travel to Berkshire or west london. Can anyone recommend any? I don't want to end up sending her somewhere bad or not serious as it will put me off and disappoint her

Thanks

Hi Jadeava

I'm not from your area but my experience is that schools do their best to place newcomers in age appropriate groups. At age 9 they can catch up.

In our school it often means not taking the next exam but they are usually caught up well enough to take the one after. Teachers realise the social importance of placing with similar age kids.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hi I'm not local so don't know specific dance schools in Bucks, however some pointers that might be helpful - how far do you really want to drive? (then think about doing that journey 3, 4 or more times a week, in bad traffic, and when it snows....). Do they offer all the grades up to Adv 2 (OK its a long way off but it sneaks up) Do they offer 'by invitation' teaching for children with aptitude? do dance festivals? what about their track record for getting children into vocational school and associate programs? These are all  indicators of how 'serious' they are, if thats important to you. Also hopefully they would want to assess your daughter in the context of a trial lesson to get a good idea of where she should start.