"Men in Motion" back at Sadler's Wells

13 Mar 2012 15 Mar 2012

Now with Putrov and Polunin joint-headlining, and a different cast and programme

http://www.sadlerswe...n-Men-in-Motion

Lifted straight from the website:

"Following the sell-out run of Ivan Putrov’s Men in Motion earlier this year, the former Royal Ballet Principal returns to Sadler’s Wells with an evening of works showcasing the athleticism and beauty of the male form in motion.

For this exciting programme Putrov will be joined by some of the world’s finest dancers including Sergei Polunin (former Royal Ballet Principal), Tim Matiakis (Royal Ballet of Denmark), Clyde Archer and Isaac Montllor (Spain's Compañía Nacional de Danza). The evening will include Nacho Duato’s modern trio Remanso and a new piece choreographed by Polunin himself.

Also on the bill will be Leon Jacobson’s Vestris – a solo originally choreographed in 1969 for a young Mikhail Baryshnikov after he won the International Ballet Competition in Moscow. Other highlights include one of the most famous works ever created for the male dancer, Vaslav Nijinsky’s L'après-midi d'un faune set to Debussy’s beautiful music."

(which involves half-a-dozen women, or should do, of course)

Edit: clashes with BRB at the Coliseum, but coincides with a couple of "dead" nights at the ROH.

Edited by alison

I see that Ivan Putrov's show is back at the Wells from 13 to 15 March. This time it is "featuring Sergei Polunin" who will be choreographing a new piece.

Other dancers taking part are Tim Matiakis from RDB (and at one time with RB) and two dancers from Spain's Compañia Nacional de Danza. Items on the bill include Nacho Duato's "Remanso" , Leon Jacobson's "Vestris", and Nijinsky's "Après-midi d'un faune", although whether this will be the original complete with Bakst decor and nymphs, or another version, remains to be seen.

Well done :). We're all learning, gradually.

Seats are disappearing at a fair rate for this already, to judge by the website.

Edit: and I do like the way this forum just retained all the formatting from the original text without my having to do anything whatsoever.

Edited by alison

i have just bought my tickets for this show online - i winced at the £1.75 charge but carried on - then when i had got past the point of no return i noticed there was an additional item charged for £2 described as default - can anyone enlighten me as to what this ?clever sleight of hand by the wells website is all about and how (?if) it can be avoided?

This is a "voluntary donation", I've just been booking tickets at the Coliseum and the same thing happened, except I'm wise to it now, £3.75 I believe, you have to really look out for it and untick the "donation" box and wait for the price to change before continuing. I booked at SW a few days ago and noticed it in time!