Pre-audition rest

Flora

I have no idea how much rest is advisable before the January audition season for a Yr 11 voc student i.e. over Christmas hols- is the answer none, some, lots or it depends on the dancer and if they finish the autumn term tired or not? 

Edited by Flora

I don't know the answer to this but think it is a great question! Isn't it so hard to know what is best to do with the long Christmas break and the audition season straight after? Will be interested to hear what those who have experience have to say.

Have you got audition dates yet? If they are earlier in January, then probably best not to ease off too much, but if they are later in the month then a couple of weeks off would be a good idea. 

It might also depend on whether they're exhausted at the end of this term, or there are any aches & pains or niggles that need rest and time to get better.

If the studios are closed over the holidays, how about some freelance Pilates to ensure your DD stays supple. Also very good for de-stressing for that GCSE time.

Many Voc schools incl Pilates in their syllabus anyway.  

Not forgetting a little amount of pointe work, even if it's just gentle feet exercises at home en pointe. 

• 1 month later...