VIENNA FESTIVAL BALLET AUDITIONS TUE 2nd JUNE @ FULHAM

Michelle_Richer

I am sorry if this is very short notice, but this came about with a conversation I had with Peter Mallek , Founder and Artistic Director of Vienna Festival Ballet, at their Gala performance in Peterborough last night (Thursday).

Peter said they were running auditions in Fulham on Tuesday (2nd June) and did I know anyone that may be interested. I mentioned the existence of this forum but Peter was unaware of it. I gave him my email address so he could provide me with full details for posting on this forum, but I haven’t received anything yet.

As the timescale is so very very short, I thought it better to at least post something in case anyone wants to follow it up. Vienna Festival Ballet for those that haven’t come across it is an outstanding small UK independence ballet touring company.

VFB Telephone number 01442 268756

• Like 1

They are touring Nutcracker and Coppelia next season I believe (Sept-Dec). No inside knowledge but I noticed there were less boys in the 35th anniversary tour than the previous season so I would guess they would be looking for male dancers in particular

The Company of dancers I see at Boston and Peterborough was 11 Girls and 4 guys on the 35th Anniversary Gala. The total company according to Peter Mallek is 21 but I’m not sure if that included admin staff etc.

On Thursday, Peter had 20 dancers lined up for audition, I’m not sure if this thread created any more. As for how many they have slots for, I really don’t know.

I know one of the female dancers had a bit of an injury with her ankle but was still dancing that night, but I did notice when they did Merlitons as the reed-pipe version they were down to two girls and not their usual three.

I really do love this Company and it’s been quite difficult organising my own schedule around them. It was only luck that my LAB full company rehearsal took place the day before their performance at Peterborough, I do have a date that clashed for their Coppelia performance, but it’s a rehearsal quite early in the run up to one of my Christmas shows, There Nutcracker is now the day after my Christmas show so I can just sit back and enjoy it.

Edited by Michelle_Richer
  • Like 1