Recording of ENB's Swan Lake in-the-round premiered in 1997?

Does any one have or happen to know where there could be a copy of Derek Deane’s premiere of Swan Lake (ENB) at the Royal Albert Hall in 1997.

My friend, who was a student at Elmhurst at the time performed in each performance and has not seen a recording of the production since then and would very much like to do so.

If anyone has any suggestions please share!

Thank you

Hello, lollylamb1.  My guess is that you'll be disappointed: as far as I know, there aren't any recordings in existence.  There might be some archive news footage or something, given what a new undertaking it was at the time, but I can't imagine there'd be anything more.  Surely the archive "department" at ENB would be the place to approach?

The late Diana, Princess of Wales attended the premiere as ENB Patron.  There are photos of her meeting ENB officials and some of the cast on the night but also there was a portrait taken of her in a lilac suit with folded arms standing surrounded by the swans - maybe your friend is in that photograph?

Thank you both, I spoke to ENB archivist today who agreed that it would be very unlikely that there is a recording available, but will double check. I think there is a news-clip, will have to find out on which channel this was broadcast!

• Like 1

I think there was some of the In The round in the 3 part documentary about ENB but that as more recent than June 1997.  There is clip of the Princess arriving at the premiere on itnsource.com but not a ballerina in sight.