Returning items to Sansha UK

Gargouillade

I've never bought from them but i have returned goods for refund to other online dancewear companies where it has usually taken a good 3 weeks for a refund to come through .  The timescale for returns and refunds have been clearly stated on the website however.  I hope you get this sorted quickly.  There is certainly no need for them to be unpleasant on the phone to you.

• Like 1

SwaybackSapphire, thanks for the tip! I rang them today and politely suggested that they were in breach of the distance selling regulations to which the lady on the phone impatiently said over me "I am familiar which these regulations". She then suggested that the company had 30 days to refund me but regulations clearly state that customers must be refunded within 14 days of their receiving the item. She wouldn't even tell me when they would credit me. A friend who is learned in the law has helped me to draft a strongly worded email to them!

2dancersmum, 14 days is the legal limit! If you ever need to quote the legislation, it is Regulation 34(4) and 34(5) of The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (as I learnt today). x

Thoroughly unpleasant shopping experience with them. I would avoid unless you are absolutely sure you don't have to return/refund/exchange anything.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I received very poor service from Sansha while trying to pursue a refund. They have a no refunds policy for in-store purchases and only offer store credit if the goods are not faulty.

People need to be aware of this when buying any garments or footwear from them without first trying them on - you will not get your money back - only a credit note. This is stated on a printed sheet of paper behind the till, but this is only pointed out to you on return - not at the time of purchase.

I have been advised that stores are not legally obliged to give a refund for items that do not fit properly (because the goods are not classed as faulty), but if you have a somewhat normal expectation of getting your money back for items that do not fit properly - like pretty much every retail store does nowadays - then I'd recommend you do not shop at Sansha.

• Like 1

If I remember rightly, the Bloch shop on Drury Lane has a similar policy - they offer store credit but no refund (unless an item is faulty, obviously). So Sansha is not alone in having a no refund policy.

I've only bought online once from Sansha UK but it was a fleece warmup which dd knew would fit. I must say delivery was very speedy.