Central School of Ballet

Tulip

That's interesting Tulip - haven't heard of them doing that before (perhaps they have, I just didn't know about it!). We always think of people on waiting lists as being put into some sort of order, so the next one gets the place that comes up, but I have always thought that's probably pretty unrealistic - you can maybe manage that with the first few on the list. This is a great idea.

Good luck everyone :)

Yes my friends daughter is on the waiting list, she got a letter asking for them to come and be viewed again. Costly but also a good idea. Nice for them all to get a good chance of being seen again, especially if they were at the bottom of the list.

I have not heard of this although sounds like a good idea. Think Julie must be correct though as I know a girl who got a place off the waiting list about a week after the letter informing her she was on the list. Therefore, must be selecting a few from the list they want to see again before making a decision.

I don't know about the years in between, but they did call in the reserve list for a further audition in 2009. That was the year my dd was auditioning for 6th forms and she knew a lot of the people in that year group through various associates, summer schools, etc. They would be those in current 3rd year, or 2nd year if they have retaken a year.

If I remember correctly this recall of the reserve list was later in the summer term. Central held various auditions abroad and I am pretty sure they were after the final audition in UK. So I understood they had offered fewer places after the UK final, put quite a few people on the reserve list and kept some places open for the foreign auditions. Once they knew how many people from those auditions were offered/taking up places then they knew how many places they had left to offer candidates on the UK reserve list.

Whether you like this or not must be very personal. Some people would like to show how they have improved in the meantime, but I did hear others saying it just prolonged the agony.