BRB 2015 Rumour...

I think it's more than a rumour. The 2015-6 season is going to be built round Shakespeare's works culminating in a new Bintley work. Ideal casting for Romeo and Juliet is a hard one as so much can change but I would like to see both Celine Gittens and Delia Matthews as Juliet amongst others. For Romeo definitely Mathias Dingman and Brandon Lawrence. Much as I adore Tyrone Singleton I would love to see him have a go. I would also like to see Luke Schaufuss get lots of chances in a number of roles.

• Like 2

I suspect it will be Spring 2016 as David Bintley mentioned Swan Lake several times in respect of Autumn 2015 at the recent Friends' reception.

David mentioned that during 2016 we will be seeing a lot of ballets based on Shakespeare - some old, some new, some unexpected!

Wonder if this includes Lar Lubovitch's Othello (done for ABT) ... or, one of my favourites, Jose Limon's The Moor's Pavane.  

Perhaps they will premiere the Jean-Christope Maillot Taming of the Shrew (done for the Bolshoi) in the UK.  It looked most fetching when that illegal Russian film (live) was still up on YouTube.  .

Edited by Bruce Wall

• 1 month later...

I think it's more than a rumour. The 2015-6 season is going to be built round Shakespeare's works culminating in a new Bintley work. Ideal casting for Romeo and Juliet is a hard one as so much can change but I would like to see both Celine Gittens and Delia Matthews as Juliet amongst others. For Romeo definitely Mathias Dingman and Brandon Lawrence. Much as I adore Tyrone Singleton I would love to see him have a go. I would also like to see Luke Schaufuss get lots of chances in a number of roles.

I agree with all this. Hope we get to see these stunning dancers in R&J.

Also excited to see what Luke Schaufuss gets cast as. He did a lovely interview with the Observer recently  that caught my eye. 

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2014/dec/28/ballet-dancer-luke-schaufuss-rising-star-2015