Newbie: hair question

Pondie

Evening all

Wonder if anyone can help advise as our teacher wasn't overly clear with something

My daughter is doing her primary exam in feb and we have been told hair to be JA style

Am I right in thinking that is two high ponytails, plaited crossed over and pinned!? And if so do I need to put blue ribbons (ISTD) in it and where abouts?!

Many thanks

C

Yes, when dd did ISTD Primary at her old school (gosh, long time ago!) her hair was in a ballet bun.

Our little RAD girls do have their hair in plaits, pinned on top of the head, up until Grade 3. They have ribbons which match their exam "colour" (i.e. Pink, white, blue or yellow), allocated by the teacher depending on which order they are.

I would ask the teacher for confirmation of exactly what she wants.

And welcome to the forum. :-)

Dd has only ever had an ordinary bun.

Her old tap/modern teacher was really good at hair & for modern exams used to to their hair in a lovely inverted French pleat (buns wernt appropriate as they got in the way of floor work).

One time though the exsms ran early so I've group just went in in pony tails. Didn't affect the results.

• Like 1

RBS JAs do have crossed pinned plaits as you said, the ribbon would go where the plait begins but there's no harm in double checking!

At dd's school the pre-primaries have 2 buns (bunches put in buns) - it looks very cute and is certainly easier than pinning plaits!

Both my DD had to have "cross over plaits" for ISTD ballet and modern exams when they were younger. It is easy - the trick is to get the initial bunches high. Once plaited cross one over the top of her head and round the outside of other bunch and repeat with the other. Tuck the ends under the plaits before pinning if possible. Then run a line of pins down the centre - catching the inside of both plaits to keep them together before putting a net over then pinning the outside edges. Lots of gel spray!!! I think the most stressful bit of exams for me is how they look as that's my responsibility - the dancing is all down to them :)

• Like 1

Both my daughters had to have this style for their early exams and one of them for Royal JAs. I used to put the hair in bunches - reasonably high but no too high in their cases as they both had very long hair. I put ribbons in at this point and then aviv rolled them atond so the bow was underneath. Some of the JAs gripped on a ready made bow afterwards. Then it's just a question of plaiting the bunches and pinning them over the top of the head. On our case each plait would go there and back as the hair was long. I found the essential thing was to put a bun net over the top of the plait creation and pin that in too! I found this style easier to get right first go than a bun! Good luck!