5 Best Ballet Films of All Time!

• 5 weeks later...

Nijinsky would definitely be in my list of favourite ballet films. It features Carla Fracci & London Festival Ballet with George de la Pena as Nijinsky . There are extracts from many of the famous Ballet Russe ballets with Kenneth Macmillan providing some additional choreography. Another ballet film not mentioned so far is The Children of Theatre Street - more of a documentary really, but some beautifully shot sequences of students from the Kirov and narrated by Princess Grace of Monaco.

• Like 1

Nijinsky would definitely be in my list of favourite ballet films. It features Carla Fracci & London Festival Ballet with George de la Pena as Nijinsky . There are extracts from many of the famous Ballet Russe ballets with Kenneth Macmillan providing some additional choreography. Another ballet film not mentioned so far is The Children of Theatre Street - more of a documentary really, but some beautifully shot sequences of students from the Kirov and narrated by Princess Grace of Monaco.

And the sequel:  "Backstage at the Kirov."  I have both films.

• Like 1

What was the name of the film where a talented ballerina got anorexia and it ruined her career?

I just did a little research and I think it might be Dying to Dance. (2001) I haven't seen it but the synopsis fits your description . It seems it was made for television rather than the cinema.