overseas students in 6th form

Guest Autumn days

Guest Autumn days

I know that many, many overseas students apply to RBS Upper School and that many get places but is the same true of other classical 6th forms? 

There always seem to be a few, in particular at ENB and Tring, both of whom hold auditions abroad.  Also Royal Conservatoire of Scotland has a "foreign" allocation.  When they first started in September 2009, as a teacher I enquired, and was told they had 12 places for UK/EU candidates and 8 for the rest of the world.  But the numbers may have changed since then.

There are quite a few overseas students at Rambert (which is equal for both classical and contemporary dance) - Japan and Singapore, Australia, US, South Africa and a number of European countries. At a rough estimate, around half the ladies this current new intake are from overseas, and about 5 of the men.

just to redress the balance a bit- my DS is at a vocational school in US where about 1/3 of the school are from overseas and certainly he at least (don't know about any of the others) is on a 100% scholarship. Of course there's no state funding so I guess the schools aren't using tax payers money.....but it shows that traffic isn't all one-way!

• Like 1

Guest Autumn days

Just to point out that I had no interest in funding when asking this question i was just interested to know which schools are attractive to overseas students!