Cechetti Summer School

pas de chat

Hello this is my first post!  I've really enjoyed all your posts as have been reading them while off work for a few weeks.

My DD is going to the Cechetti School for Young Dancers in July.  Although she is RAD I was told at the Tring Easter Course that Cechetti is very similar to RAD except for a few glossary words.

Is anyone else's DD going on this course or have experience of it.  We received the info pack today and it sounds very organised.

may thanks

I don't think it's that similar but I'm sure she'll adapt! She may want to look at the names and positions of the arms on the Internet before she goes. I did rad ballet as a child & now do cecchetti & much prefer it, she'll have a great time x

There was another thread with a discussion about that SS a few months ago. Unfortunately I don't remember the title of it... You could do a search on the forum and I'm sure you'd find a lot of information. Good luck!

My dd did this summer school last year, she's only ever done RAD, and she said the only real difference was that the positions and moves had different names. She had a lovely time, and really enjoyed herself, particularly Greek dance, which was new to her. I think they have a different theme each year, last year it was the Olympics (maybe that's where the Greek dance came in!)

Thank you afab found the link to last years summer course.  The course is July 27th until the 2nd August.  DD is only 10 so it will be a big week for her but she did do the Easter 5 day course at Tring which she loved.  DD is also going on the Junior Elmhurst Summer School although we haven't had any details yet but that isn't until the end of August so plenty of time.