Waiting for results of everything!

Dea

Anyone else very impatient?! We are currently waiting for ballet and tap exam results, and results from auditions at Elmhurst, and I hate it!! Why does it take over 4 weeks for exam results to come through when they mark it all on the day?! Lol

• Like 2

I know the feeling well! My dd has just done her elmhurst associate assessments and got to wait for results of that nervously!! And also waiting for JA audition results ! My dd more nervous about elmhurst one as she loves it do much there

• Like 1

It makes you appreciate the auditions where they tell you straight away!! At least that helps to ease the pain of the wait for the others!! On the positive side we had first places at festivals today and dd scholarship performance with Regional Youth Ballet is this coming weekend!

• Like 1

I forget how nerve racking all the waiting is, and how time seems to pass so slowly when you're waiting, and how one glares at the postman as if it's his fault that there is nothing in the post when you're desperate for news. However, my tummy is starting to churn already at the prospect that in a few short months we will be going through the whole nail biting process all over again to try and secure a much coveted 6th form place!

• Like 3

It is so hard for them and us!!!! Elmhurst did say 7-10 days at the associate audition and it's been 9 days so hopefully not too long now! It's been just over 4 weeks for ISTD ballet and just over 3 weeks for ISTD tap, so again hopefully not long! Good luck with the 6th form place!

Well the waiting for Elmhurst is over anyway! Received a "sorry not this time" letter today. Not unexpected I have to say, but we were still secretly hoping! Now cross that we didn't apply to RBS as well though for the experience, as she did enjoy the audition! there's always next year! 

• 1 month later...

Last year I walked up and down the streets in our village searching for the postie as I heard the audition results were out and made him search his bag for our letters when I tracked him down.  He got caught up in all the excitement when both dd got a yes.  We are at the same time of year and again waiting for results for auditions and exams.  I best warn Mr postie I will be hunting him down again in a week or so.

• Like 9

Seriously I cant cope with this.  I saw the postie this morning and thought no we have another 2 weeks before we find out whether my 2 dd's were successful on their auditions so went out shopping.  Bad move.  The calls and the texts start coming through saying letters are out.  I'm stuck in the shops desperately ringing home to see what post we have and the oldest dd says there is only 1 letter for her younger sister :(   She sounds upset that no letter has arrived for her.  We race home,  ignoring the fact that we need this and that from the shops, to find the one letter on the doormat.  I pick it up.  It feels rather thick and am only hoping that there are 2 letters in the 1 envelope.  Yes, I shout both letters are here much to my eldest daughters relief, but hadn't even checked to see whether they were "yes's at this point".  Well the good news is the letters are both YES'S and youngest dd even got part in same group as her older sister.  Happy Household today :D  You need nerves of steel for this dancing business!!!

• Like 8

Great news :-)

And afab - that's normal here for GCSEs - and A levels are only out the week before. Mind you, I now understand why it takes so long, working at a college where we have degrees being marked - can't imagine the logistics behind the huge numbers of GCSEs and A levels!

Gosh! Poor UK kids... and parents! Brevet (GCSE equivalent) and Bac (A'levels equivalent) are marked and results given in a matter of a few days here! Similar number of kids sitting them though I suppose since both countries have about the same number of inhabitants...

Good luck to the people waiting!

• Like 2

It would make life easier if they were similar to France. On the very same day the results come out,it`s the very LAST day to confirm you are enrolling on a Further Education course at college. You have to collect your results from school,[whatever time they arrive in school i`ve no idea].Then up to college taking said exam results with you. If you don`t enrol that last day, your place on the course is lost.Thankfully, Southern Regional College [Newry,County Down] have given students until 8 o`clock that night to enrol. But don`t know about other places.

It doesn't happen like that everywhere - I work at a college and we assume they're joining us unless we hear otherwise (as they've been interviewed and offered conditional places) and if there are spaces we'll accept them up until the first week of the course. If they don't get the required grades for a level 3 course they've been offered then we put them on the level 2 (after discussion of course!)

• Like 2

The colleges around here work on the same basis as Julie's.  In any case on results day the schools do have them very early.  Our school makes the children collect their results slips in person from 9am onwards but another school in the town hear by email and that is usually before 9am