@+username

Various people have told me that when someone types @ + their username in a post they get a notification.  I don't (unless you're counting the 175 bells I currently have at top right of the screen, and which I never bother to investigate).  Do my settings need changing?

Oh, right.  That's okay then - I thought from what had been said that I might get something a bit more concrete, like an email notification.  As I said, I never bother looking at the notifications, because there are so many to plough through.

Under the bell is the notification settings options, where you can set any actions that occur to send you an email if you wish. Though that might get tiresome pretty fast

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, alison said:

Oh, right.  That's okay then - I thought from what had been said that I might get something a bit more concrete, like an email notification.  As I said, I never bother looking at the notifications, because there are so many to plough through.

If you untick 'reactions' in the notification settings (it's under 'Mentions and my content), there will only be notifications when someone mentions your username with @ or quotes your original post but none when someone adds a 'like' or a 'thanks' (which probably make up most of the current notifications).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2