Giselle: Remix, Pleasance Theatre

Okay, I suppose someone might be interested in this:

https://www.whatsonstage.com/shows/inner-london-theatre/giselle-remix_364307786/

Although I must admit that its "instant sell-out premiere at the Royal Opera House" had totally passed me by.

Giselle: Remix

From Wed 10 until Sat 27 April

Hot off an instant sell-out premiere at the Royal Opera House, Giselle: Remix is an anarchic, punk reimagining of the classic ballet.

Special Offer:
20% off full price tickets (excluding 10, 12 and 20 April) with code: GISELLE20

In this queer retelling, Giselle is a hopeless romantic raised on a diet of 90s rom-coms, who comes to realise that the real world of hook-ups and heartbreak is a far cry from Hollywood’s happily-ever-after. A mixture of live performance art meets warehouse cabaret meets pop concert extravaganza. It’s Giselle like you’ve never seen it before.

See the trailer below:

a735b7cd-313a-4712-b395-aef0a939c12a.jpg

Just announced! Queer cabaret icons Kit Green, Jonny Woo and Lavinia Co-op will join the cast as guest performers, alternating appearances across the three-week run.

From the minds of Pleasance associate artist and former Roundhouse resident artist, Jack Sears and Royal Ballet soloist, Hannah Grennell, created in collaboration with dancers from the Royal Ballet.

Book tickets now for 10 - 27 April at the Pleasance Theatre, Islington.
BUY TICKETS

• alison changed the title to Giselle: Remix, Pleasance Theatre
6 minutes ago, alison said:

Although I must admit that its "instant sell-out premiere at the Royal Opera House" had totally passed me by

Last November apparently, in various spaces! "Co-curated by Hannah Grennell, Royal Ballet first artist, and Jack Sears cabaret artist."

https://static.roh.org.uk/events/events/ROH-Late-Presents-Giselle-Remix.pdf

Edited by Roberta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alison said:

See the trailer below:

I do hope the performances are not as full of cliche as the chat on that promo trailer.  Tick box? It ticked many. 

I'm sure many will attend and enjoy, though I can see that late late premier (and only performance) at the ROH  was easily missed.