Carlos Acosta new school Woolwich - any experiences?

I am interested to start up a chat about the new course in Woolwich at the Acosta Dance Centre for +16 year olds (AATH+16). My DD

has been offered a place and I am interested to meet other parents whose DDs or DSs have also been selected.

hi all

just wondering if anyone has any experiences of the 18+ training course that was run at the Carlos Acosta school in Woolwich this year? Or, any insights into the new 16+ course starting in Sept 24? My dd has an offer, but no real idea what to expect as its all so new. The Centre looked good at audition day but we know relatively little beyond what it says on the website. 

Thanks for any tips or suggestions about how to learn more!

My DD was one of the inaugural group there but left a few weeks ago as she has taken up a contract with a dance company.  She enjoyed her time there, although there were some teething problems initially which I can't discuss on a public forum, but these have been addressed.  I can say she didn't regret taking up her place and that she enjoyed her time with them very much.   Good luck with the decision making!

• Like 1

On 05/04/2024 at 12:01, dancefanatic said:

My DD was one of the inaugural group there but left a few weeks ago as she has taken up a contract with a dance company.  She enjoyed her time there, although there were some teething problems initially which I can't discuss on a public forum, but these have been addressed.  I can say she didn't regret taking up her place and that she enjoyed her time with them very much.   Good luck with the decision making!

Thank you Dancefanatic. Any chance we could have a chat in confidence? No one else seems to know anything so if you would share your experience with me that would be so helpful. I don't want to give up my DD's more traditional upper school place without a sense of 'known' risk. 

• Like 1