News: Beatrice Parma promoted to principal at Birmingham Royal Ballet on stage in Plymouth

From an email:

w660_162036_brblogohorizontalblack800p.j
w660_1659240_photo20240321223534.jpg

Promotion announcement

Following this evening's performance of The Sleeping Beauty at Theatre Royal Plymouth, Carlos Acosta announced on stage the promotion of First Soloist Beatrice Parma (pictured above with Carlos and the Sleeping Beauty cast) to Principal, effective from the beginning of next season.

Beatrice joined the Company from the Turkish State Opera and Ballet in 2015. She had previously trained at Teatro alla Scala in Milan and at English National Ballet School. 

I'm sure you'll join us in congratulating Beatrice on this news and we hope that you will come to see her perform in the near future.

• Like 11

15 hours ago, Emeralds said:

Fun to see Tzu-Chao getting very excited for Beatrice:  throwing confetti over her and dancing during the applause. 😄 

was it confetti?  If so how did he know?  I suspect he dispersed the head of a flower from a bouquet 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FionaM said:

was it confetti?  If so how did he know?  I suspect he dispersed the head of a flower from a bouquet 😉

It was probably some of the glitter which falls at the end.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FionaM said:

Sorry, not paper confetti, FionaM....the stuff that comes out during the glitter shower at the end of Act 3....what does one call it- Glitter confetti? Or "glitter shower glitter"!  Looked like Tzu-Chao caught some at the end of the Act 😀. I guess we've made everybody scrutinise the video now 😄.  

• Like 2

Yes, it was the gold glitter confetti that falls at the point of the final tableau just as the curtain falls. There’s always plenty on the floor as the dancers take their bows, and Tzu- Chao scooped some up. 
Incidentally, odd flakes frequently fall during a performance, and I like to see how they are surreptitiously removed if they are deemed to be in a place which is potentially dangerous for a dancer to slip. This happened on Thursday before one of Beatrice’s variation. 

• Like 1