Marcelino Sambe guesting in Paris Opera Ballet’s La Fille mal Gardee

I think Hannah O’Neill is fantastic. Of course Gilbert and Marchand as well (individually and as a pair). 

I also really like Sae Eun Park and Laura Hecquet too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sharon said:

With Sambe and Nunez guesting with POB - I would love to see an exchange and have some POB stars guest over here. Diop or Marchand would be great but top of my list would be Mathieu Ganio - before it's too late.....

That was beautiful.  The problem is with guests in full-length ballets.  Perhaps only Manon, Mayerling and The Dante Project have the same choreography in ONP and ROH.  Classical ballets are all presented at ONP in Nureyev's choreography, which is very specific (Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, Sleeping Beauty, La Bayadére, Cinderella, Don Quixote, Romeo and Juliet).  This makes hosting very problematic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2024 at 00:46, Silver Capricorn said:

Classical ballets are all presented at ONP in Nureyev's choreography, which is very specific (Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, Sleeping Beauty, La Bayadére, Cinderella, Don Quixote, Romeo and Juliet).

Giselle: Patrice Bart.

Pierre Lacotte's Paquita is fairly classical.

Their Sylvia is by Manuel Legris.

Balanchine's A Midsummer Night's Dream, Serenade, Le Palais de Cristal aka Symphony in C.

I'd include Onegin as one of the ballets RB and POB have in common, as I would the current production of Fille

• Like 1