Analyse fonctionnelle du corps dans le mouvement dansé (AFCMD) - what is this exactly?

Garnier

I’m trying to understand exactly what classes in this involve exactly - is there an English equivalent? It seems to be a big part of dance studies in the French-speaking world (for both teaching qualifications and general dance studies in the conservatoires, starting at age 11 or so). Thanks in advance!

Yes I think this is the basic idea but I can’t work out what is actually taught, as it seems to be quite a « practical » subject rather than a theoretical one. I saw one article that compared it to Laban (which I also don’t know much about and would love to understand better). It seems to be very much about posture and weight. But I’m particularly curious as to what a class looks like (especially as the age range is so large - seems to start at around 10/11 as a weekly class for conservatory students, and go through to student teachers). I’m curious that it seems so widespread in the French-speaking countries and (apparently) unheard-of in the English-speaking ones!