Junior associates 2024

Dancing_Mae

This year my daughter wants to apply for royal ballet associates again and we have applied for northern ballet associates, for the first time as well. Is northern ballet a similar audition to royal ballet associates? And does anyone recommend any other associate programmes within Yorkshire? 

My daughter attended The Scholars at Renaissance Arts for a few years - they use the facilities at both Yorkshire Dance and Northern Ballet in Leeds. At the time it was usually alternate Sunday afternoons and she would have both a ballet and jazz class but with optional vocal and pointe classes. Think the audition was late spring/early summer. It was great training, particularly the ballet. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NEC1 said:

My daughter attended The Scholars at Renaissance Arts for a few years - they use the facilities at both Yorkshire Dance and Northern Ballet in Leeds. At the time it was usually alternate Sunday afternoons and she would have both a ballet and jazz class but with optional vocal and pointe classes. Think the audition was late spring/early summer. It was great training, particularly the ballet. 

My DD did as well. I think I have seen on social media that they now have a ballet associates type class for younger children, but I don't know anything about it. (except it will be fabulous!)

• Like 1