When will the MacMillan bill casting finally come out?

I booked the General Rehearsal and opening and closing nights for the MacMillan and I’ll also go to the cinema relay. For me it’s been a bit harder putting together London tripsfor the MacMillan as the six performances are pretty well spread out. I prefer to catch more than one performance when I come to London, given the travel/overnight accommodation, but I’m not wanting to add Butterfly or Carmen. I know there are many other attractions in London so I’ll look again when the MacMillan casting is announced.
Trips for Swan Lake were much easier to plan helped by so many performances and matinees - I was spoiled for choice.

• Like 3

I hope you were successful @Silke H as General Rehearsal tickets are quickly snapped up.

I’d been meaning to say that when booking last week, by 9:20 I’d managed to put my preferred seats in my basket, including 4 Stalls Circle Row A General Rehearsal tickets, all pretty much in the centre. But when I came to pay, I got an error message/contact the box office. I was needing to be out of the house pretty quickly as I was chairing a meeting so I emailed the box office with my payment details which included dates/ticket prices but unfortunately not the actual seat numbers (which I hadn’t twigged in my rush). I was just about to leave when the Box Office phoned and they very kindly said they’d try to put together my basket. Back home at lunchtime, the Box Office had done a great job: I have my preferred tickets for all performances; and I’m pleased to have pretty good General Rehearsal tickets, albeit not quite the seats I’d originally put in my basket. There’s clearly very strong demand for General Rehearsal tickets.
The Box Office team always impress me and I wonder if they have sufficient input into pricing: in-house expertise is a great asset and should be used to sense check pricing proposals, particularly if proposals are novel and consultant led.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

The Box Office team always impress me and I wonder if they have sufficient input into pricing: in-house expertise is a great asset and should be used to sense check pricing proposals, particularly if proposals are novel and consultant led.

Hear, hear.  When you actually get to speak to a human being they are (almost - I remember someone complaining about one instance otherwise) invariably very good, knowledgeable and helpful.  I'm not sure management appreciates them enough.

• Like 4

I very much agree- only once in 25 years have I spoken to someone at the ROH Box Office who was unhelpful. They are very nice, calm and efficient, and I usually go and say hello if anyone is on duty in the hall. They have saved me from various disasters a good few times over the years.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

I hope you were successful @Silke H as General Rehearsal tickets are quickly snapped up.

I’d been meaning to say that when booking last week, by 9:20 I’d managed to put my preferred seats in my basket, including 4 Stalls Circle Row A General Rehearsal tickets, all pretty much in the centre. But when I came to pay, I got an error message/contact the box office. I was needing to be out of the house pretty quickly as I was chairing a meeting so I emailed the box office with my payment details which included dates/ticket prices but unfortunately not the actual seat numbers (which I hadn’t twigged in my rush). I was just about to leave when the Box Office phoned and they very kindly said they’d try to put together my basket. Back home at lunchtime, the Box Office had done a great job: I have my preferred tickets for all performances; and I’m pleased to have pretty good General Rehearsal tickets, albeit not quite the seats I’d originally put in my basket. There’s clearly very strong demand for General Rehearsal tickets.

I’ve only had to call once and the lady I spoke to was brilliant! 

• Like 1