7 Deaths of Maria Callas

Sim

Has anyone heard anything about this?  I am a huge Callas fan and there are some lovely singers involved, but I assume that if it's a Marina Abramovic production it will have something of the surreal/absurd about it?

https://www.eno.org/whats-on/7-deaths-of-maria-callas/?gclid=CjwKCAjw-eKpBhAbEiwAqFL0msRgc8dmlwufrTqI6AknleJr4u2Dsu3Oy9Lscp6krVh0Lgp5ZPe4yxoCIagQAvD_BwE

• Like 1

There are some great sopranos singjng Callas' famous arias but I don't know enough of the production to say how it will turn out. I understand Abramovic just links them all but the sopranos do the arias/roles. Maybe not the best choice of title!

Eri Nakamura, Aigul Akhmetshina, Nadine Benjamin have sung at ROH to great acclaim, Sophie Bevan at the Proms and on BBC live relay with great success, Karah Son at Glyndebourne, and Sarah Tynan at ENO, Salzburg Festival, WNO etc. (I don't know the last soprano, Elbenita Kajtazi, but she sounds very promising.) Probably not for those looking for tenor or baritone showstopper arias, but an excellent roster of sopranos. 

• Thanks 1