New Dance Mom - help!

Newdancemom

My daughter announced in November that she wanted to be a dancer and attend full time dance training so we've had a really busy few weeks filling forms, attending auditions and getting our heads around the news! DD has had to come to terms with the fact that she doesn't have the Classical Ballet body but still needs to dance......so a steep learning curve for all.

Good news is that she's been offered a yr 10 place at Tring Park on the dance program so as you can imagine she's thrilled! We are new to all this as we really just thought that this was something she enjoyed (and was good at) but would follow a more traditional academic path!

Help - we need to get up to speed really quickly as not only will DD be boarding but we won't even be in the UK as we live abroad! Any tips etc.....pitfalls to avoid, transition management etc......

Thanks

Tring as a school is a very friendly environment. The boarding staff do take care of the students there. The food is of a good standard and there is a varied choice available everyday. Also the accademics at Tring is excelent. Where about do you live? Have you got any more auditions to attend or is it Tring that your daughter will be going to?

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on gaining a coveted place at Tring Park  for year 10 . My DS is currently in year 10 and absolutely loves it , having started there in year 9 . I cannot fault it - DS has improved beyond measure in a year , and leaps and bounds academically too. The boarding staff are amazing , and the children even get a report from the boarding staff on behaviour, tidiness , etc. The music is great too DS in a band, and excellent guitar teacher. Vocational staff brilliant ! What more can I say ! Great choice . Good luck  and send me a pm if you need any advice , help etc and don't want to bother the school.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum :)  and what exciting news!

I can't really help about Tring, but you'll get some great advice on here about the practicalities, and as Tulip asked, now that it turns out she has the potential for full-time training, is she going to audition anywhere else?  Elmhurst, RBS, Hammond?

• Like 3