English National Ballet School - yr12

WhereToNow

• 1 month later...

Where have the past recent graduates received employment contracts?  Is there any movement into the main ENB company from the school?  It doesn't appear that there is any sort of apprentice level within ENB.  

9 hours ago, Viviangrace said:

Where have the past recent graduates received employment contracts?  Is there any movement into the main ENB company from the school?  It doesn't appear that there is any sort of apprentice level within ENB.  

I don’t think there is movement into the company from the school. You have to see them as separate entities really. 

10 hours ago, Viviangrace said:

There's no automatic movement from ENBS to ENB, but it's not unheard of and I can think of a few dancers that have done this.

ENB are certainly getting a very close look at the 2nd years at the moment (rehearsing for My First Ballet).

You might find this document useful, which lists where last year's graduates went: https://www.enbschool.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/Our-Year-2022-2023.pdf

Edited by SpideyDad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone happen to know whether there's ever much movement on the waiting list for entry to the school? Or how long a list they usually have? I know its a long shot but thought I'd ask anyway.

• Like 1

@Swanwings If our experience is anything to go by, students can have multiple offers and have a short amount of time to make their decision.

I'm not sure what your situation is, but best of luck with it all! Such an exciting time, but I'm not sure whether we'd choose to go through it again!😵‍💫

• Thanks 1