English National ballet school autumn intensive

sunrise81

HI

My dc would like to do the autumn intensive. Is the 3 days worth it? We can't afford the 2 week summer course in London! But they want to get a feel for the school. How quickly has anyone heard back from applications as would need to book train and hotel ASAP tok as its half term.

2 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

HI

My dc would like to do the autumn intensive. Is the 3 days worth it? We can't afford the 2 week summer course in London! But they want to get a feel for the school. How quickly has anyone heard back from applications as would need to book train and hotel ASAP tok as its half term.

I'd recommend booking a hotel  now in case you do decide to go - but one you can cancel in case you don't go/change mind/find better rate - as I have found in this area room availability & rates can just change so suddenly so if you find a good price now - secure 'just in case'! 

It's quite a short course. It got a mid rating from the attendees I know as not that full on & a bit cliquey....we too wanted to use it as a 'test out the school' but TBH I don't really think any short courses ever really do this. At time we booked a few years ago, had expected it to be in the promised 'new shared with ENB company venue' but of course that never happened...will it ever? Remember too though that not many hotels will accept an U18 alone....or are you planning to make it a nice opportunity for a few days in London too? Highly recommend that - ha ha!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Swanwings said:

Do you mind me asking how long they took to inform you of decision acceptance/waiting list etc Im wondering whether to email to check they received everything as its been nearly a week.

Ours was about 3 weeks but I sent the application in the middle of summer when staff were on leave. The email did say that they were a little behind because of staff leave and the fact that the Artistic Director and Short Course Coordinator review applications together.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Swanwings said:

Do you mind me asking how long they took to inform you of decision acceptance/waiting list etc Im wondering whether to email to check they received everything as its been nearly a week.

Ours was a few days but she’s an associate there so not sure if that made it quicker. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

So we have applied for Spring as term dates work for everyone!!!! How long did it take to hear back....need to book hotel and train!

Last year we didn’t hear back until after the closing date it was a different process to the autumn one. We got the results on 21/12 x

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

Do you get to watch it in the studio too?

Yes they do watching and Q&A sessions usually. There were 2 viewing sessions for the autumn intensive this year on the last day you could book one and the Q&A was after the 2nd session. When we did the spring one there was just the one watching session that everyone went to. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Swanwings said:

Its now passed 2 weeks for us, has anyone else heard anything about the Spring intensive? 

Not heard anything either and not had a reply to my email to check they have the photos OK......though they may be busy with full time applications?

• Like 1

Were you happy with the autumn intensive? Considering applying for spring, we have a few days left to do so… we are hoping for hard work and busy days (if offered a place) 😃 does this sound about right, or how was it?

Edited by Medora
Spelling