RAD Intermediate recorded exam vs. in person - how this affect score

I would be very grateful for advice - my DD is about to take her RAD Intermediate exam and we have the following options: either do recorded exam in June or in person in August in RAD HQ (but she will not be able to practice for few weeks before that). Will the score be impacted by recording? She would love to achieve distinction (her previous exams scores range between 97-90). 

Edited by Mum of unicorn dancer

Can she record it in June and if not happy with result to take it in person in August?  It sounds like she will be better prepared in June?  I imagine several weeks of no practice would have bigger impact on her scores rather than recording. 

• Thanks 1

I think in person is better going by the audition process - much easier to really perform and less chance that the examiner looks at it repeatedly. I also think that generally most people look better in real life than video. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MissEmily said:

In my experience as a teacher, remote exam results are far, far lower and more random than in person. So long as she keeps up home practice/ conditioning exercises throughout the summer, I'd go for August.

Not in our experience, have had some high results from recordings

• Thanks 1

There probably isn’t a definitive answer to this and I suspect you’ll get mixed responses. I personally prefer in-person but that’s because my DD has an awful track record for anything recorded. She does fairly well in in-person or even live zoom auditions but doesn’t do well in video (after lockdown, she’s now extremely averse to anything that involves videos).  If your DD has fared well in the past with video auditions or assessments then go with your instinct and which she is more keen/comfortable to do. 

• Thanks 1